Like a lot of people, I tend to spend hours scrolling on Pinterest and pinning things. However, I spend more time scrolling than I do doing. Therefore, I have decided to change that this year.
Here is a little list of things I have done this year and any tweaks I made:
1. Quinoa Stuffed Peppers– My husband and I LOVED this. However, we did a few things different than the recipe: We didn’t have the green chiles, so we had to skip it. We used chile pepper in place of bell peppers (not for any specific reason, we just didn’t have it in the house) and we added salsa to the final product to add a little more flavor. We will definitely be doing this again.
2. Spicy Kale Chips– I followed this recipe. It was great. A little spicy, but no complaints. I will do this again, but maybe a little less red pepper since I’m a wimp.
3. Banana Cookies– This again was great! However, I would say they’re more like “banana bites” than “cookies.” But, hey, I’m just being picky. I added almonds to mine to give a little crunch.
4. Roasted Green Beans– Yummy! Do yourself a favor and make these as a side.
5. Taco Casserole– This is the perfect recipe. It’s easy and delicious. I recommend it to all.
6. Cucumber Salad– I made this for super bowl Sunday. EVERYONE was asking for the recipe. The only thing I changed was I used a food processor for the onions, instead of the slices.
7. Veggie Soup– Ahhhh. This. Was. A-MAZ-ING. It makes enough to freeze, too, so I got to enjoy some a month after I made it. I tweaked the recipe a little: instead of ground beef I used ground chicken and we added some Italian seasoning and seasoning salt to give it a little more flavor.
7. Owl Bookmarks– For Valentine’s Day, I had these printed, laminated, and then cut them out for ALL 117 of my students. The students loved them. I was wanting to hole punch the top and add some ribbon, but ran out of time…maybe next year?